Millions of Miracles
The Evolutionist’s Dilemma – Part 1: The Atheistic Evolutionist
Most evolutionists are strong skeptics when discussing God’s miracles, yet wholeheartedly accept astounding miracles produced by “natural selection” coupled with time, chance, mutations , and death. Yes friends, these are the heroes of the naturalistic philosophy known as “macro-evolution.” Actually, it is evolutionism, which means, “a belief system.” What miracles does the evolutionist believe? Here are seven categories of miracles he believes:
1. He believes that the universe exists. (He may believe in multi-verse, which is a self contradicting idea because the term universe means unity in diversity, and encompasses everything that exists.) Sir Isaac Newton, one of the most accomplished scientists in history, declared, “This universe exists – and by that one impossible fact declares itself a miracle…”
2. He believes that life came from non-life (cold, dead matter). He cannot explain how that matter got there, except to assert approximately this: “in the beginning there was nothing – then it condensed into a tiny dot, which exploded and became everything.”
Question: How could something come from nothing? Aristotle defined nothing as, “that which rocks dream about”!
Question: How could an explosion produce order and precision in the universe? Order and precision are what rocket scientists study and calculate for their launchings, right? Sir Fred Hoyle likened belief in this miracle to believing that an explosion in a junkyard could produce a Boeing 747 jet.
Question: How can life come from non-life when Louis Pasteur demonstrated scientifically that life only comes from life? This is the Law of Biogenesis.
3. He believes that natural selection has produced astounding miracles. If we grant him the existence of one living entity – a molecule – how does that molecule become a man? Where does all that amazing amount of information come from? The amount of information in the DNA of one human being would produce stacks and stacks of books – perhaps reaching from earth to the moon. I’ve heard Ravi Zacharias comment that one strand of human DNA equals 600,000 pages of information.
Nature is not a person. Nature cannot think! Nature cannot reason! How can nature select anything? Selection means that it has the power of choice. “Nature” is simply a word that we use to describe how things that already exist function. Since “nature” is not a person and “nature” cannot think, nature cannot select anything.
There are thousands (millions) of amazing details of design and function that the evolutionist believes just happened, with no purpose, no intelligence, no plan, no design. Every one of them is a miracle.
For example: Before a cow evolved into a cow and a bull evolved into a bull, how did some evolving creature exist long enough to produce anything? Miraculous!
How did the complex reproductive organs of the cow and those of the bull just happen to evolve at exactly the same time so they could produce a calf? Astounding! Miraculous! Marvelous! Beyond belief! (Especially the last one.) Add to this the fact that he believes that the intricately complex and complimentary reproductive system of a male and a female had to randomly evolve simultaneously thousands of times for all the various kinds of animals to reproduce in order to continue their existence. Is this not believing an astonishing host of miracles???
4. The evolutionist believes he can think. Why? If your brain evolved over eons of time with no intelligent design, no plan, no purpose, no meaning, then what logical basis do you have for believing that you can think a rational thought?
5. The evolutionist believes that intangibles such as morality, ethics, conscience, love, truth, loyalty, etc., just happened to evolve from the survival of the fittest (the law of the jungle – the law of fang and claw). Amazing beyond belief! Miraculous!
6. The consistent evolutionist, like Dr. William Provine, believes that there is no free will. He is a determinist. This also means that there is no hope. What an irony – the atheistic evolutionist commits himself to promoting a philosophy that has no free will and no hope because he wants to exercise his free will to sin without having to answer to Almighty God as his judge.
A classic example of this scenario happened in 1959 at the centennial celebration of Charles Darwin’s most famous book, The Origin of Species. Sir Julian Huxley, well-known British biologist and grandson of Thomas Huxley, Darwin’s bulldog, was the speaker for the occasion. During a TV interview, he was asked why this famous book gained popularity and prominence so quickly. He gave a surprisingly candid answer by including himself with evolutionists of his grandfather’s time when he said that they didn’t want God interfering with their sexual preferences.
The evolutionist suppresses “the truth in unrighteousness”! “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools,” Romans 1:18-22 (NKJV)
7. The evolutionist believes in “the missing link” in spite of the fact that the missing link is still missing. The term, “missing link” is common terminology for a transitional form – that is, a creature transitioning from one type of creature to another. (Do you realize that even the term, “creature” points to a Creator?)
Dear Prayer Partners, – What you have just read is the beginning of my new booklet, which I hope to
have published in vivid colors showing the beauty and glory of God’s Creation contrasted to the hopeless philosophy of evolutionism. Please pray:
1. For its completion and publication soon.
2. For God to use it to open the eyes of those blinded by the distortions of evolutionism. I’m putting in a strong evangelistic appeal in the conclusion of Part 1, which is to “The Atheistic Evolutionist.” Part 2 is entitled, “The Theistic Evolutionist”.
Other Prayer Requests
1. Please pray for us and all of our co-workers both here and in Ukraine to handle time pressure and financial pressure with godly wisdom and grace. For example:
a. In Ukraine our co-workers are coping with war, danger, inflation, devaluation of their currency, and constantly changing situations. They need the power of the Holy Spirit flowing in their lives to produce the fruit of the Spirit so others will ask them “the reason for the hope that is in them.” Pray that they will be “ready to give an answer.” (I Peter 3:15).
b. Stan Lutz is recovering very well from his heart attack – Praise God! There is, however, the stress of $56,000 in hospital bills, plus more for doctor bills. Stan does not have insurance or Samaritan Ministries membership because of pre-existing conditions. Pray for God to provide!
c. Southwestern Museum Services builds museums, has very high recommendations, and wants to take on our project. In a conference call, Tony Weber, the C.E.O., told us that they also have experience raising funds – and have a big book of organizations that provide grants for museum projects, etc. They also have done the proposal for the new “Museum of Origins” for the Institute for Creation Research in Dallas. Here is the catch – their start-up fee is $35,000, which they will divide into thirds. Tony and his co-worker, Randy, want to come here to meet with us in mid-November. We need to raise $12,000 by then besides our current expenses. At the time of the last meeting for our Board of Directors, we had just over $4,000 in our account, with rent, Stan’s salary and other expenses to cover. Please pray! We know God isn’t broke (but we are close!) We know this is His project – it’s too big for us – so please pray with us for His provision!
2. Please pray for Creation Summit’s launch on November 1st at Michigan State University. Pray that God will use powerfully Mike Smith, Founder and Director of Creation Summit, Doug Sharp, Bruce
Malone, and all others involved. Pray that thousands of students and staff will be impacted with the potent truth of Creation, Resurrection and Redemption. Stan and Bonnie Lutz and I are on the Board of Directors for Creation Summit, and our purpose is to take the truth and beauty of Creation to university campuses while demolishing Satan’s strongholds in the process.
3. Della deals with chronic pain and multiple health problems – please pray for God to heal her from head to toe. I feel healthy and strong most of the time, but I did have an abscessed tooth extracted on October 10th. I thank God for my measure of strength and health – and praise Him that I seem to have no complications from the tooth extraction. Thank You, Lord!
4. Please pray especially for our friends and co-workers in Crimea, who are dealing with very stressful situations.
5. Pray for Andrei Taran’s mother – the results from her radiation treatment do not look good. Also, pray
for Andrei as he seeks to care for his mother and for wisdom about his education plans in the U. S.
Recently we have been getting some very good reviews and free publicity for our ministries – both for Northwest Science Museum and Overseas Outreach. For example:
1. Jessica Robinson (NPR) interviewed Doug Bennett and Stan Lutz and gave a positive report entitled, “Founders of Idaho Creation Museum Urge Visitors to ‘Think Critically'”.
2. David Barrett, Founder and Director of the Biblical Worldview Institute in Boise, recently interviewed me for about 1 1/2 hours concerning Northwest Science Museum and the conflict between evolutionism and creationism. This is for 3 half-hour programs on his radio broadcast.
3. Brad Carlson recently interviewed me for an article in the Boise “Christian Living” magazine, concerning our business, Deighton Lighting, and both ministries. Their purpose statement is: “Christian Living is committed to encouraging and instructing individuals in their daily lives by presenting stories of people in the Treasure Valley who are living on a foundation of faith in Jesus Christ and who serve as uplifting examples to others.”
From Our Mailbox
Note from Zhenya Molodchy:
“Thank you for your encouraging comments about our ministry and life, which is in fact the same thing. Life is ministry and ministry is life…..
I am also pleased to share that today I resumed my work with police departments. In fact they plan to rename militia into police soon. It is correct to say militia departments. There is hope for positive change and I was able to share about Christ more openly. But still I need to be careful on how I say things. I will soon resume my work with prisons also.
On the 1st of October I go to Austria as translator again. God gave me this work now to compensate for the growing inflation. I am thankful. I can take care of the needs and bring medicine for crisis pregnancy centre and refugees.
After that I plan to work with a group of believers who are not baptized yet. This is the group led by Linda, American missionary in Kharkov. They study English and the Bible. I pray it may become a new congregation in Kharkov.”
Below are some excerpts from Sergei Golovin’s September newsletter:
“Beloved brothers and sisters,
Thank you very much for your care, support and prayers! With great joy I present you with Christian Center for Science and Apologetics September 2014 newsletter.
I am amazed how many opportunities to praise the Lord that difficult times provide! Over and again it reminds us of accounts from the book of Acts when the believers were dispersed by secular powers, which resulted in the spreading of the Kingdom instead of its destruction.
The month has started with a great trip to Zhitomir, a region we never visited before. The trip like this would be exciting even in usual circumstances, but in a given situation it was even more exciting, as well as a great encouragement for us. We were able to serve on three strategically important levels. First of all there was a group of volunteers – passionate national leaders who are using our materials for the development of creation/worldview evangelism in the region. It was also a great joy for them and for us to discuss ministry opportunities, developing the vision and strategy for their work as Eurasian Apologetics Society coordinators, as well as future partnership and training (see the pictures attached). Please keep this vanguard of the spreading of God’s word in the region in your prayers.
On the next level there were seminars for believers on the urgent need of a biblical strategy for shaping the worldview of the next generation. It was attended by ministers, youth pastors and group leaders of various churches of the region. The material was received with great interest and motivation. An elderly minister, who had spent two terms in communist camps for his faith, came forward at the end and shared how much they had missed out on this kind of training before the collapse of communism and how much easier it would have been to spread the Good News if they had had such resources available back then. We were all deeply touched! Please pray for the brethren of Zhitomir and for the spread of the truth of God in the region.
Finally, the most exciting opportunity of the trip was an invitation by the city education department to address public (state) schools humanities teachers on “a common foundation for public ethics”. This opened a door to speak openly about God’s nature and His plan as the only reliable foundation for any ethical system, as well as about Scripture as His revelation for us about creation and our role and purpose in it. Only one lady out of the entire audience was unhappy about us “presenting only one view and only one religion instead of all of them” (please pray for her – something in her heart is resistant to admit the truth). But other teachers were very open for the message – times of trouble make people search for the truth and hope desperately, and we have an exciting opportunity to share it. Please pray for the seeds planted among school teachers – people who will have the greatest impact on the next generation!”
“Some run-on comments, observations…from Georges Carillet
Shopping for groceries in Simferopol.
We bought some butter made in France, it was rung up … then the cashier asked for it back, scanned it and removed it from our bill, and did not say anything about replacing it with another brand. Many shelves are empty in one of the best supermarkets in town. But there are plenty of staples.
Prices are of course higher than they were a year ago.
There are more cars in town now. Lots of traffic, though today, Sunday, was fine – even great.
Many Russian license plates, but I cannot yet tell which ones are registered in Crimea vs. elsewhere.
Much is as it was a year ago, but it just does not feel the same. It depends on what you think
about, what happened to you or people you know, and what the future is likely to be.
The neighborhood has changed in some ways, not in all ways.
My immediate neighbors are not happy. Even though most of them are pensioners and are
receiving more money now. Not sure who it matches price increases and ruble devaluation.
Simferopol Christian Church is about half its size from a year ago. People moved. Tensions lie under the
surface. People believe what they want to about Russia, Ukraine and Crimea.
Yalta is as beautiful as ever. On the way to Yalta, the hills are alive with color, mostly yellows
among the greens. The sea was so blue! The air clean and fresh. The sun warm for October.
Simferopol’s reservoir/lake is about dry. There was enough snowfall in the winter but hardly
any rain during the summer.
Electricity is rationed in parts of town, though Moscow issued orders not to do it (but what can
be done when there is not enough to go around?). The Center is buying a generator for
potential blackouts; it depends on a pump to get its water – with 20 residents plus staff and
students, water and electricity are pretty important to the Center!
We are putting our flat up for sale, and the Tabitha warehouse too — but there is a lot to be
done with all the stuff at Tabitha. Not sure yet about some of the legalities of sale contracts and
land/house/apartment registration yet.
I will meet with some people this week about the IIIC building.
Sorting stuff at the apartment.
Still looking for the best way to get heavy things to the US, such as books.
The steroid shot in LaVerne’s ankle, given just before we left the States, has been effective. She
has the usual problems of sleep adjusting to the 8 hour time difference.
Thanks for prayers. Georges & LaVerne”
“Thank you Rick and Della,
What a great newsletter. I was truly blessed in hearing of all the wonderful things God has done and is doing in the ministry. I was also blessed by stories of your granddaughter. 🙂
“We will be praying for Stan.
We want to share with you this very meaningful poem written by our close friend, Jim Scott.
“Oh Father may your will be in my heart this day,
For I desire to please you, to walk in your Light.
I long to see your face and hear your voice,
And yet I fear your justice and look to the Cross.
Your mercy and compassion humbles me,
I weep at the thoughts of your saving grace.
In Your Spirit my life is revealed, your kingdom in view.
An adopted son, I receive your instruction.
My body groans, my spirit rejoices, as I rise to meet the day.
Jesus you are my vision, my hope and my faith.
Knowing You are with me strengthens my resolve,
Be strong in Your grace, and a servant to all.
Prepare in me a clean heart, oh God,
Help me to be the man you have called.
Open my eyes Lord so that I might see,
The glory of eternity in Your face.”
Beholding His Face
Are you praying this prayer with Jim? Are you longing to do His will, walk in His light, see His face, and hear His voice? If so, then keep looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. He will perform the transformations! “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 2 Cor. 3:18 (NKJV). Has He transformed you into a faithful servant yet?
How Great is our God!!! Our Creator and Redeemer!
“God’s accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs.. . . . .
-the eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days;
-those of the canary in 14 days;
-those of the barnyard hen in 21 days;
-The eggs of ducks and geese hatch in 28 days;
-those of the mallard in 35 days;
-The eggs of the parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days.
(Notice, they are all divisible by seven, the number of days in a week!)
God’s wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant.
The four legs of this great beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two legs. For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily.
The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first. A cow rises from the ground with its two hind legs first. How wise the Lord is in all His works of creation!
God’s wisdom is revealed in His arrangement of sections and segments, as well as in the number of grains.
-Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind.
-Each orange has an even number of segments.
-Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
-Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
-Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas, and each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and the next row an odd number.
-The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of weather.
-All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks, and the Lord specified thirty fold, sixty fold, and a hundred fold – all even numbers.
God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day.
Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!
The lives of each of you may be ordered by the Lord in a beautiful way for His glory, if you will only entrust Him with your life. If you try to regulate your own life, it will only be a mess and a failure. Only the One Who made the brain and the heart can successfully guide them to a profitable end.”
“Will The Road You’re On Get You To My Place?” – God